Please check with the Secretariat and Priests for the availability of the church before making arrangements for Funeral Mass, Cremation or Burial.
Policy for Funerals in the Archdiocese of Singapore
Funerals are often a time of distress for families and funeral arrangements under these circumstances can be challenging to coordinate multiple issues.
The Archdiocese of Singapore in helping to streamline the course of action for families of the deceased is establishing broad principles which would assist the families.
- As a principle the funeral is normally arranged at the parish of the deceased.
- The parish of the deceased is determined by the parish that he/she normally had been attending for their Masses and liturgical services.
- Before arranging a time or day of funeral and cremation, do contact the parish concerned to determine the availability of a priest.
- In the event that the parish that was contacted is not the parish of the deceased, it would be the duty of the secretary to forward the information to the relevant parish and inform the families concerned.
- The parish secretary will assist in sourcing a priest of the parish or another priest for the families to conduct the funeral rites.
- For all other logistics in relation to the funeral day and rites, it will then be directed to the parish that will be conducting the funeral.
- In the case of dispute, the territorial parish will assume responsibility for the funeral.
- If the parish venue is not available, the parish should arrange for an alternative venue.